3/25/11

Thu 3/24 - PM 40 minutes

modest step forward yesterday, big steps back today. Decided that I should try some form of uptempo running (not fast mind you) and should have known better when I could feel the high hammie "pinch point" twinging from the word go. Tried anyway, made it through one six minute pickup where all I could think about was how much I was aggravating whatever the fuck is wrong with my leg, and butt, and hip, etc. Jogged it in from there. Big spasm in the glute but I think what's sticking on the pinch point is also hamstring. That shit never heals, esp. not when I don't let it. Adductor remains really tight despite all my attempts to remedy the situation. SI joint got sore too of course, fairly certain that was the glute pulling on it. Gamboling happily up and down mountains in Tucson and doing barefoot drills and strides in the close-cropped grass seems like it was years ago, and running a 5k on the track seems like a fantasy when I did it a month ago. WTF indeed. Spent lots and lots of time with the lax ball crushing every adhesion I could find in the area after the run, probably overdoing it, not caring. Something rotten in Denmark. Weather continues to be a notch above miserable but only just, unseasonably cold with snow squalls passing through all afternoon. A day above 50 degrees would be much appreciated but it's not happening anytime soon.

No comments: