2/9/11

Tue 2/8 - PM 80 minutes incl. 6x1320

More confirmation of how much fitness I lost while the SI joint was stuck. Warmup outside partially on the river path which was a mistake, terrible footing and slush. I had planned on doing the workout on the loop around Harvard's athletic buildings but the wind was truly hideous with 40 mph gusts. I really didn't want to do all those laps on an indoor track but it became impossible to resist. Left leg still stiff but not as much as yesterday, in fact it loosened up more as the workout progressed and took until the last two reps to feel like it was finally unbound. Before that a chore. I had promised myself not to force the issue and I certainly didn't, but this meant the pace was laughably slow. As in 4:17 for most of the reps with the last one going in a scintillating 4:12. Recoveries just under 90 seconds after each rep. Left ankle sore in an odd way during the day at work, no issues during the run but bears watching. Ran out of gas on the cooldown, somewhat tired all day at work anyway.

No comments: