1/13/11

Tue 1/11 - PM 65 minutes incl. 3x mile

Utterly flat workout, in hindsight shouldn't have bothered. Realized halfway through the warmup jog that the left hammie still feeling stuck, although it may be as much in the glute/hip extensor as the hammie. Planned on doing 5 repeats with 90 seconds rest starting around 5:20 and hopefully getting a little faster as things progressed. Instead, the first 440 went by in 85, first rep 5:26. Followed that with a 5:23, then ran out of gas on the third and final rep. More or less gave up at the 3/4 mark of that one when I could sense the flatness. At the time I thought it was all about the leg, but on the cooldown slog I realized just how tired I felt. Still feeling it from the weekend I suppose, Sunday night's poor sleep didn't help either. The double from 10 days ago feels like it happened 10 months ago. It's becoming clear that unless I take care of the leg and get to bed earlier I'll be regressing instead of progressing at precisely the wrong time.

No comments: