1/14/11

Thu 1/13 - PM 65 minutes easy

Levittown. An exercise in utter frustration, with the left hammie still bugging me and only made worse by the absolutely horrendous condition of the side streets. The worst I've ever seen in this neighborhood after a storm, and that's not an exaggeration. Also not an exaggeration to say it would have been possible to ski the route I chose on skate skis. I was wishing I had skis after 10 minutes. Packed snow with some loose snow on top, ensuring lots of slipping even with short stride length and screw shoes. I should have run on the treadmill instead but I couldn't bring myself to do that. The only roads that were at all clear were of course the south-facing slopes of Rice and its two neighbors. So hill drills were a go, and actually felt better than I had expected. State of the left leg is becoming a major thorn in my side. Waited too long to schedule a massage and I may end up paying dearly for it when the real racing starts.

No comments: