1/15/11

Fri 1/14 - PM 65 minutes incl. mile, 3x440

Quasi-fail of a workout. In a nutshell, too short and too fast esp. given the continued struggles with the strained hammie. Had a 4-3-2-1 cutdown workout in mind that I would of course have to do alone, instead I succumbed to the desire to have people to train with. Full workout was mile, 4x440, 880, 4x400, althought I thought the second set of 440s was only two. Not that it mattered in the end. I was under the impression the mile would be 5k pace, instead it went in 5:04 (2:33, 2:31). I had no problem with this, felt relaxed and left leg was okay. 440s went in 66 high, 67, and 68, with 2 minutes rest, each one harder than the last. Running this speed for this duration was too much for the leg to bear, plus still feeling somewhat tired so it was a no-brainer to stop there. Even fresh and healthly, this kind of workout is at cross purposes with what I've become accustomed to. Hammie, and glute, and lower back started stiffening up soon after, cooldown was a chore. Felt much better after some post-run stretching though.

No comments: