10/14/10

Wed 10/13 - PM 80 minutes easy

Left leg only a little better than it was yesterday, alas. All the post-run compressions yesterday helped somewhat but not as much as I would have liked. Achilles tender and sore again as well. A stubborn issue that's not going anywhere. I had notions of actually doing some fast running today, to the point that I started down Waltham St. headed for Longfellow loop but it became clear after five minutes of hobbling that easy would be all I could handle. Headed into Area 51 instead. Felt better for a time after a stretching break around 30 minutes, then felt worse again near the end as I stumbled around in the gathering darkness. The needle between healthy and injured is definitely tilting more in the bad direction at the moment. It's quite clear to me now that running up the mountain when my left leg wasn't right from hip to ankle was a bad idea, more so than I could have anticipated. While I'm in nowhere near the same awful place I was a year ago at this time, things definitely aren't right either.

No comments: