10/11/10

Sun 10/10 - AM 65 minutes incl. 5k in 16:15

Happily, the right soleus held up and left hip held together although it locked up somewhat afterward. As for the race itself, sandbagged by an Ethiopian who was brought to an event far, far, far beneath him. Somewhere in the northeast region there had to be a race that would have netted the dude 4 or 5 (or 10) times the $50 he won for this podunk event. Second time in a month I've guessed wrong about the competitiveness of a race in Greenfield. Even though I knew winning wasn't to be, still dragged out too fast. First downhill mile in 4:57. Second mile (dead flat) in 5:13. The first two mile markers felt accurate enough, the third one was off by 50-60m though. I'd guess the third mile (uphill) was in the 5:25 range. Overall the effort was solid and I wasn't expecting to run any faster given the plague of leg issues this week and the overall fatigue I was feeling last week. Had I known about the competition I would have done a workout instead.

No comments: