7/12/09

Sun 7/12 - AM 85 minutes

Rt. 63 to So. Parrish Road, then Staddle Hill to Burt Hill and the covered bridge with a final push up Gunn Mtn. road. Not a bad loop all in all. Felt very stiff and barely awake for the first half hour or so, got going a bit more on the ascent up Burt Hill, then thudded down to Ashuelot which felt particularly awkward. Took a break at the bridge to dip my legs in the river. Neither ascent felt unmanageable. I had my doubts as to how this would go after a miserable night spent trying to sleep in a tent while t-storms of biblical intensity raged. This included a 1 AM lightning strike somewhere in the campground itself. Didn't sleep much at all, and I needed the rest desperately after yesterday. As it was, the planned PM shakeout/dip in Walden went by the boards as I was feeling the exhaustion deeply. Thankfully, the rain passed through and gave way to pleasant dry sunny conditions by morning, not too hot.

No comments: