2/15/09

Sat 2/14 - PM 60 minutes incl. 5k in 15:08

3:01
6:02
9:04
12:07
15:08

Very little deviation from the average pace, A much more solid effort than the previous attempt at this distance, which is not saying much. Passed by the entire field in the first 400m, spent the first half of the race in DFL which included a frightening moment at around 1000m when I felt the rope connecting me to the back of the pack go taut as the pace increased a bit. This calmed down soon enough, but was enough to make me cautious the middle mile or so of the race where I hung back a bit. Still ended up passing 12 people in the third and fourth kilos, somewhat surprising although I suppose it shouldn't be. The effort was much better distributed over the course of the entire race this time out, not that I left much out there at the end. Tried to make a move at 4k and found myself at the end of my rope by 4500m. Hung in there to the end but I wasn't in a position to make a scintillating push to the line. Last lap went by in around 33 seconds, a string of 36-points before it.

Ran as well as I could have hoped but still somewhat disappointed because yet again I toed the line tired. In this respect the cake was baked weeks ago, slept like a log the past two nights but it wasn't nearly enough to make a dent in the abiding tiredness that's built up over the past month. The fact I was yawning in the car on the drive to the meet wasn't a good sign. An afternoon nap wasn't nearly as restful or restorative as I would have liked. It boils down to too many late bedtimes, and more problematic the unrelenting early wake up call which is by now so ingrained that I can't sleep in even when the schedule allows for it. Right hip flexor continues to be bothersome but as ever it wasn't noticeable during the race itself.

No comments: