9/28/08

Sun 9/28 - AM 1:45 in Northfield/Winchester

Exhausting run as I started on the ridge, decided to follow a well-marked and vaguely familiar trail, and found myself making the hideous climb up to the top of Notch Mountain, breaking the promise I'd made to myself never to run it again after the last time I did it. From there I was obligated to run along the power lines to Birch Point, falling in a waist-deep puddle in the process. Legs destroyed from all the up and down by the time I made it back down to the base of Louisiana Rd. The final part of the run ended up being just under 30 minutes, Mine Road to Staddle Hill. Able to pick it up somewhat the last 15 minutes, but I had to take a pass on the bigger climbs in Winchester. Somewhat tired from the start due to the cicada that kept me awake much of the night with its shrill relentless call. Rain finally wrapping up after nearly two days straight, leaving behind enormous puddles on the trails and lingering humidity.

No comments: