8/14/08

Wed 8/13 - PM 45 minutes

Rockland Ave to White Pond Road. Starting to pick up steam and feeling pretty good at about 35 minutes in when I sustained possibly the stupidest injury ever by running into a 3 ft. tall metal pole on the side of Track Road. One of many enormous puddles on the road forced me to go wide around the pole but I didn't go wide enough. Left thigh came forward and hit it dead on, spinning me around and nearly knocking me on my ass. Immediately hurt like a bastard, bruised skin as well followed quickly by swelling. This is the type of bruise that will be four or five different shades of blue and purple in a few days. I was on my way to the track for some untimed 200s when this happened, shuffled home instead and put ice on it. Hopefully range of motion won't be too compromised as a result. Training plans for the upcoming weekend will likely be impacted. Conditions today were perfect for being outside, warm, sunny with no wind whatsoever.

No comments: