8/16/08

Sat 8/16 - double, 1:35 total

AM - 30 minutes barefoot on the grass in Deerfield. Dead flat which was just as I wanted it. Some areas were a little bumpier than I would have liked but overall a smooth soft surface underfoot. Got a late start due to great difficulty falling asleep thanks to toothache from yesterday's procedure. Hurt worse than I thought it would and required more advil than I wanted to be taking.

PM - 65 minutes, starting from the library up to Birch Point and along the power lines to School Street. Somewhat tired, took a while to get going but once again moving pretty well on the sustained climbs. Some slippery spots, all the rain has left the remote trails in steep areas in messy condition. Somewhat frustrated by this fact on the long descent towards School street, once I did get to firm footing the pace dropped substantially until the end.

No comments: