10/4/07

Wed 10/3 - PM 45 minutes very easy, Walden Woods plus 20 minutes in Walden

Left hammie feels awful, completely gummed up and stuck after yesterday's workout. Planning to run a little longer but that wasn't happening. Extremely frustrating, unable to get any kind of range of motion while on dry land. Even better, the tightness is fairly diffuse along much of the length of the back of my leg. It will improve by Saturday, but if it doesn't improve drastically the race will be more of a chore than it needs to be. Post-run I spent the time I would normally use for stretching doing many many compressions using the edge of a chair. I know in my bones what the root cause is, stumbling in the dark on the rutted bumpy "path" up the hill on Comm Ave last Tuesday. It's just not suitable for running hard in the dark, not knowing what your foot's going to land on because you can't see a damn thing with the car headlights shining directly in your face. I hate that fucking path, at least at night. Although it's not much better in daylight quite frankly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try a hat on the Comm Ave hill. When you look down at the ground, the bill blocks out the headlight glare!!!

AB85

Mark Mayall said...

I appreciate the tip but I think I'll be staying away from the path entirely after dark from here on out. I could be staring down directly and still not see what the hell divot I'm stepping on. Whatever benefit there is in going up on grass instead of pavement isn't worth it.