8/26/07

Sun 8/26 - AM just under 2 hours

Same general route as two weeks ago, i.e. Pratt's Brook to Great Hill, through Acton Arb and ABRHS, over to Mt. Hope and back via Rockland Ave. First 45 minutes were a slog, after which I started to feel a bit better and things gradually started picking up. This coincided with clouds coming in and cooling things off. A couple of refueling stops between 45 and 90 minutes and after that I made a conscious effort to lengthen my stride and pick up the pace the last 30 minutes. Had I tried a run of this length at this time yesterday it wouldn't have happened, but the overcast and cooler temps helped make it possible. Still somewhat dehydrated but manageable. Good and tired by the end, legs especially. As such I decided to skip the double for today.

No comments: