7/3/07

Tue 7/3 - PM 75 minutes easy

Walden woods incl. Fairhaven Bay. Didn't get very far today as I took it easy, both as a result of feeling peaked and stepping gingerly--esp. uphill--after yesterday's ankle episode. Worried that the rolling terrain of the trails might be too much strain on the joint but it wasn't the case. Shin soreness seems to be on the way out, hopefully I won't be swapping one problem for another. Itching to get out of the orthotics. Wearing them protects from pronation but at the same time does funky things to my gait cycle, and I've noticed more of a heavy-legged soreness in quads and hips than what I'm used to. That could also be from schlepping around the extra weight of them on my feet as well. Six strides on the way in, felt less awkward than the strides the other day. Another sparkler of a day, not quite as perfect as yesterday but close. The next few days will be more unsettled, but not a steambath like last week which is all that matters at this time of year.

No comments: