7/2/07

Mon 7/2 - PM just under 80 minutes

Pratt's Brook to Great Hill and Mt. Hope, back via railbed. Feeling more spry than I had expected after yesterday's longer run. Pace went back and forth, on a couple of occasions my brain got ahead of my legs and I had to back off. Bided my time near the end and finished with a sustained pickup on Acton road. Original shin soreness that sidelined me six weeks ago is steadily getting better, but the aftereffects are still being felt. Ankle continues to be involved. Had a scare today while climbing the steepest section of the Great Hill trail when I had a sharp pain in the medial tendon on my left ankle. Definitely a result of extreme dorsiflexion of a joint area that was swollen to begin with. This was halfway through the run and it didn't bother me noticeably for the rest of it, but who knows how it'll feel tomorrow morning. The first steps out of bed will be interesting. Tenderness along medial aspect of tibia has migrated downward toward the talus the past few days. Truly spectacular conditions today, unseasonably cool morning gave way to a clear breezy day, by the time I went for the run the breeze had cut out and it was no exaggeration to say the weather was perfect.

No comments: