2/6/18

Week of 1/22-1/28

Mon 1/22 - 65 minutes easy.

Tue 1/23 - PM 50 minutes incl. 4x500 with 2.5R. Trying to hit mile pace, which in theory is something a bit over 90 seconds. Wound up doing all four reps within a half second of each other, from 91.5 to 92 seconds. Had the unmistakable feeling of being fully extended by the end of the workout which tells me this is indeed my race pace or thereabouts.

Wed 1/24 - 55 minutes easy.

Thu 1/25 - PM 60 minutes incl. 6x100 on the track. Fairly low-key effort for the most part, the pickups on the track felt somewhat stiff but I've had worse. Cold and windy.

Fri 1/26 - PM 40 minutes easy.

Sat 1/27- PM 65 minutes incl. track mile. Able to exceed vanishingly low expectations after last weekend's turd of an effort. Hoping to not drop out again, and come within five seconds of the 4:50 seed time so as not to embarrass myself. Warmup was truncated somewhat due to my not showing up with enough time to spare beforehand, a stupid miscalculation. This did not make for a terribly positive attitude going in but I had resolved to hang out at the back of the field and hope that others in front of me slowed more than I would. Rolled through the first half in 2:25 running roughly evenly paced, next quarter went in 75 which came as no surprise. Held together through the end in the sense that I didn't slow down any further, with overall splits of 2:25/2:30. Long cooldown jog afterward.

Sun 1/28 - PM 80 minutes easy.


No comments: