12/12/16

Sun 12/11 - AM 65 minutes incl. 5k road race

Reality colder than the weather, as I had deluded myself into thinking I would be capable of doing this race much quicker than the deadlocked 5:30 pace I'm currently stuck at for this distance. In fact, I couldn't run faster than that for a 5k road race if my life depended on it at the moment. Not that anything I've done over the past 6 weeks, 6 months or whatever would indicate anything to the contrary. Perhaps I'll even do something about any of the number of root causes for this. It would certainly be nice if I could get something resembling a decent sleep schedule going. Chest sore afterward, to a much greater degree than I was expecting even with the cold weather. Likely the last time I'll be paying Walter's Run a visit, a race I've enjoyed over the years but the thrill is gone along with any chance of me winning the thing.

No comments: