10/21/16

Sun 10/16 - AM 55 minutes incl. 3.4 mile road race

Cynical sandbagging at its finest. After getting home late from an all afternoon/evening kiddie meet, and an atrociously late bedtime after that, I woke up feeling absolutely putrid. Put my trust in caffeine to get me through the lowest of low key events, but still feeling dead and flat on the warmup. Some concern about how I'd be able to answer the bell. Luckily the competition consisted of the likes of female triathletes and JV soccer captains, and as such the competitive aspect of the race was over after about 3 or 4 minutes. From there ran on feel since there was no mile split, but two and three both revealed that I was going about 5:40 pace. On this mostly flat layout that's far from impressive. Spent the rest of the afternoon running errands on a caffeine buzz.

No comments: