12/18/15

Sun 12/13 - double 1:45 including 5k road race

AM - 45 minutes incl. 5k road race. Back end of my ill-advised weekend 5k double. Expectations were diminished as a result and when I got to the starting line and scoped out the competition I knew straight away I'd be running for second place anyway. For the third time in a week I passed through the 2 mile mark of a 3 mile/5k in just under 10:50, unlike yesterday there was nothing to run for so I did only what was required to hold on to my spot over the final net uphill last mile. It could have gone a lot worse though.

PM - 60 minutes very easy, Cutler Park/Charles River reservation. The CH suggested we check out this spot on the way home from West Roxbury, well worth the stop as I'd never seen the place before. Varied terrain but mostly flat, particularly around Cutler. Quite hungry by the end as it took a bit longer than expected but still worth the while.

No comments: