11/9/15

Sat 11/7 - double, 90 minutes total incl. 6k progression

AM - 45 minutes very easy, edge of Area 51 to MHS track. Took too long in getting to bed last night, with expected results of feeling tired and strung out. Wind blasting away, with a change in direction more from the NW than SW. Change in the weather as a result of course.

PM - 45 minutes incl. 6k progresssion on the track. Lots of dithering over what to do after getting home from a kiddie meet that featured a solid three hours of standing in field being raked by the wind. Exhausted from that and took as long a nap as I could which wasn't nearly restful enough. Thankfully the wind died down with sunset which made the prospect of doing something of quality a bit more palatable. I had vague notions of a progression on the Longfellow loop but in the dark is something I can't manage. Decided to go with a track session instead even though I just did a workout on the track three days ago. The exact nature of the session was undetermined until after I had started, when I saw the first lap split of 96 seconds and realized I didn't have so much in the tank. Resolved to try and get through 8k but squeezed down the pace too quickly and ran out of gas on the sixth km. Which is where I decided to call it. The week of late starts and resulting later bedtimes has worn me down, maybe even a bit more than usual. Splits:

3:53.7
3:44.3
3:41.9
3:39.6
3:39.0
3:34.5

No comments: