3/13/15

Wed 3/11 - double, 1:45 total

AM - 50 minutes easy, Horsefall canyon. Headed down the road from my rustic campsite to forest road 356, in hopes of finding relic mineshafts and tunnels. Instead I took the wrong turn at a cattle pen/windmill layout and soon found myself climbing obnoxiously steep doubletrack that seemed neverending. After various fits and starts, turned it around and headed back to take a closer look at the map for tomorrow. Quads still sore but getting better.

PM - 55 minutes, Chiricahua. Out and back to Heart of Rocks loop from the VC parking lot. Like yesterday, dealing with a closing window of daylight but not quite as pressed for time. The climb up Rhyolite Canyon just as much of an ass-kicker as I remembered it. The Heart of Rocks loop itself wasn't very runnable, which I hadn't remembered. Cool with a stiff breeze blowing. More pictures:








No comments: