1/24/15

Fri 1/23 - 50 minutes easy

Tiger Drive to Old Marlboro. Something of an existential crisis in getting out the door this evening after spending the day at work with a hacking cough that wore me down to the nub. In fact the throat felt like garbage from the moment I woke up which was an unpleasant surprise to say the least. All the coughing resulted in a mild headache as well as what I can only describe as sore lungs. While not wanting to take yet another day off, the fact that exercise could be just a way to dig the hole deeper weighed heavily. In the end I rationalized that I could get some of the secretions out easier if I went for a light jog, although in truth compulsion played a larger role. Feeling flat and tired fro the first 20 minutes or so, after which things started to normalize somewhat. In fact I was even able to do some short pickups, with long recoveries between them. No wheezing or coughing fits during this. On the negative side, right hammie and TFL felt pegged from the start although somewhat better after rolling on the lax ball post-run. Chilly but very little wind, the calm before the storm.

As an addendum, because I forgot to hit "publish" on the previous day's post. Thursday 1/22 was a day off. Feeling very conflicted, got as far as putting on all the gear and standing at the door before deciding I just wasn't up to it yet. 

No comments: