12/3/14

Tue 12/2 - PM 50 minutes incl. 16x200

First workout of the season on an indoor track. While I had every intention of doing a different workout on the track in Maynard, keeping it close to home and avoiding the trip to and from Cambridge, the drop in temperature after sunset along with an ill wind blowing had me give up on that idea. In fact I ended up doing every step of the day's running inside. With the late start everything was steamlined, warmup, cooldown and the workout itself. Decided to go with simple, albeit with the swimming-style wrinkle of starting a rep every 90 seconds. In effect, took around 54 seconds rest between reps. Not the last time I'll try an interval workout with this type of setup. Splits:

35.2
36.4
36.3
36.0
35.5
35.7
35.7
35.7
35.2
35.5
35.5
35.3
34.8
34.7
34.1
34.0

I was taken aback by the first split time, then worried I wouldn't be able to make it all the way through if I didn't back off. By the halfway mark though it became clear I would and from there decided to squeeze it down the last four reps. Other than a twinge in the right soleus this went well.

No comments: