11/11/14

Sun 11/9 - AM 90 minutes incl. half marathon

Alas, a fool's errand where I was the fool. Hopefully I've finally gotten doing this particular event out of my system, as it clearly isn't worth the effort expended. Doing two half marathons in two weeks was in hindsight way too ambitious and I knew going in my only hope of copping a money spot today was that no one else would show up. Of course, three people showed up. Ran 5:50 pace for four miles, the last of which being when I was passed for that final spot, and from then on out it was an inexorable regression to the 6 minutes/mile mean, which was reached at the 11 mile mark. Feeling flat from the very get go which is of course no surprise at all given the way I've felt the last two weeks. Right leg hung in there reasonably well but the calf was certainly stiff and sore afterward. Lesson learned, hopefully.

No comments: