9/30/14

Sun 9/28 - double, 50 minutes incl. 8k threshold run plus 65 minutes elliptigo

AM - 50 minutes incl. 8k threshold on the Longfellow Loop. Still fried (perhaps literally) from yesterday's long day in the sun. With more heat and humidity on tap for today it was a fool's errand from the get go. On top of all that it occurred to me after I had crossed into Sudbury on the warmup that I should have done some rolling on the TFL and IT band before heading out. All in all it made for a fairly terrible experience, esp. considering that my original plan was to bang out four loops. After the first loop I decided to cut it back to 3 loops, by 6k I knew I was going to be stopping at two loops. Pace was slower than expected from the start, and dragging the right leg by halfway. Made for another 31 minute 5 mile tempo run. Ugh. Couldn't get out of there soon enough. Splits:

6:17.5/6:19.3/2:57.6
6:10.2/6:15.4/2:53.9

PM - 65 minutes elliptigo. Headed directly over to 10 Spencer where I spent a couple of hours mowing the lawn, nostalgic but not in a good way. After that took the scenic route back through Stow via Delaney project. An excellent way to vent any leftover frustrations from the garbage workout.


No comments: