9/15/14

Sun 9/14 - AM 50 minutes incl. 5k road race

Return to Cambridge for the 21st century version of Ro-Jacks, at least when it comes to the post-race spread. Woke up still feeling flat, warmup was too short to be of much effect so I knew it wouldn't be anything to write home about. Happily though, a quick scan of the crowd at the starting line made me realize I had a chance to finish in the money which seemed shocking based on last year's results. Within the first 4 minutes it became clear I would be either 2nd or 3rd overall and became focused on dropping the other guy. Led him through the mile mark then eased off a bit so I wasn't doing all the work. Soon after that we turned into a small hill and I gapped him without trying or meaning to. From there on out it was keep away with blind corner surges and everything. Gusty breeze sometimes an issue. Splits nothing to write home about, 5:20 followed by a pair of 5:36s. Right leg feeling like it will be sore tomorrow. Took well over an hour between the finish and when I ambled out for a slow cooldown around the park. Severe clear conditions with boundless blue sky and the aforementioned wind, bit of a chill in the air even at midday.

No comments: