5/12/14

Sun 5/11 - double, 85 minutes total incl. road mile

AM - 55 minutes incl. road mile at Elm Bank. Able to pull out the win against a field that was either too old or too young, not that I don't fall into one of those categories myself. Not feeling that lively while warming up, but at least the calf was feeling much better than it did yesterday following the morning spasm. At the gun hung back a little bit, waited for the kids to sag, wound up in the lead just before halfway. From then on it was a game of keep away, hoping I'd be able to dial it back a notch in the last quarter mile on grass but no such luck. Had a nice stumble in the last 50m on a grass-covered rut but able to keep my balance and finish the thing off. Cooldown was a leisurely affair around the edge of the grounds. A good while passed between the race and the cooldown as well. Spectacular day with sun-drenched warmth, breezy which hit us mostly in the second half of the race.

PM - 30 minutes easy, Area 51. Easy shakeout after spending the afternoon wrestling unsuccessfully with the kitchen plumbing. Basically just wanted to get outside again before sunset, I suppose a bike ride would have fit the bill just as well but I was fixated on getting in another run. Some stiffness in both legs but not nearly as much as I'd expect for the activities of the last 48 hours.

No comments: