5/25/14

Sat 5/24 - AM 65 minutes incl. 10k road race

Another successful stop in the sandbag tour. Hoping that I could break the soft course record for the cash bonus, but leave room for further improvement in subsequent years should I want to return. As it turns out I overdid it. After a restless night not sleeping particularly well made the drive out to western MA for the second weekend in a row, not as far out this time at least. Took a wrong turn getting there which made for a scenic drive but less time to warm up than I'd like. Feeling relatively lethargic and right glute/hamstring kind of stuck before the gun went off. These led to a less than stellar effort although I was able to keep the effort level relatively controlled through the first four miles. The first mile was almost dead flat, decent sized hill leading up to the second mile, third mile mostly down, then flattened out for four before a bit of an upturn the fifth mile then flat again the rest of the way. The downhill third mile set me up for some twinging in the hammie which was most unwelcome. This and the modest uphill at the start of the fifth mile led to a surprisingly slow split which caused me to overcompensate and run the sixth mile far faster than I needed to. Finished trying to slow down as much as possible over the final two tenths which maybe looked a little odd to the assembled throng. I had every intention of doing a shakeout run in the evening so as to get some stretching in but those plans went by the by. Too tired and disinterested for it by the time late afternoon rolled around, with rain showers killing any lingering motivation.

No comments: