5/27/14

Mon 5/26 - AM 65 minutes

Back to the boat ramp and Winchester for more running up and down hills. Went directly from South Parrish to Staddle Hill, up and over Burt Hill and along the river to the covered bridge. I had every intention of going up and over Schofield Mountain but it became clear as I was approaching the covered bridge that I didn't have nearly enough in the tank to manage the extra 40 minutes or so that would require. So straight up Gunn Mtn. road to the tower and that was that. I was moving pretty well up to the summit of Burt Hill but the cumulative effort of the past few days hit me soon after. Dragging more than a little bit of ass after yesterday which took more out of me than I'd care to admit. In addition the right leg has become increasingly more twisted up in a pretzel as the weekend has progressed, with no foam rolling or any substantive stretching to help work out the inevitable kinks. Crappy weather returned, more clouds and showers after a nice day yesterday. The overcast did keep the temp down which helped given the late start I got.

No comments: