3/7/14

Thu 3/6 - PM 50 minutes plus skiing

Another round of sliding on the icy tracks in Area 51 followed closely by a jog down the frozen surface of the Assabet from White Pond Rd. to Sudbury Rd. Felt like the skiing was a bit more strenuous than the other day, plenty of double-poling again. After seeing the river frozen solid on my last visit I decided to take the opportunity to do a run on it, something that normally happens only in February. Figured the yaktrax would provide enough traction as they have in the past but I suppose they've gotten dull over the years as it was a lot more slippery than I would have liked. Ice wasn't as thick as I would like the further upstream I went, esp. on curves and constrictions. Went to the edge so as to be close to shore in case I broke through, which happened twice but only into water that was ankle deep. Made the return trip on track road, just as icy.

No comments: