3/30/14

Sat 3/29 - AM 55 minutes incl 8k threshold run

Longfellow loop. Without going back through the archive I couldn't even guess at how long it's been since I've done any kind of tempo/progression run here, but it's certainly been too long. Alas the work I need is also quite the chore at the moment mostly thanks to the right leg. Woke up with calf feeling very tight, which continued through the warmup and drills. In fact I could feel it shriveling up into spasm with each burst of faster running during the strides and drills. Stride felt awkward thanks to this, like the right leg was an unwilling passenger along for the ride. I had toyed with the idea of doing three loops before heading out the door but I knew instantly two would be my limit today. The beat goes on. Splits:

5:57/6:05/2:55
5:53/6:00/2:50

Consistently faster the second time around at least, although it took a lot of effort to do it. By the end the onus of tightness/soreness had shifted from the calf to the glute/high hamstring. Neither warm nor cold, the usual breezy spring conditions in advance of rainy weather approaching. I had wanted to do some kind of easy shakeout in the evening but the predicted rain was harder and colder than hoped, so it was either treadmill or nothing. I went with nothing and took a long nap instead.

No comments: