3/29/14

Fri 3/28 - double, 75 minutes total

AM - 25 minutes on the treadmill. Progression from 6 to 10 mph. Right hamstring and calf both tight from yesterday's run with snow and ice mixed in.

PM - 50 minutes very easy, Area 51. Figured if I made it through yesterday in one piece I could do it again today. Warmer temps through the afternoon and passing rain showers had me convinced that there'd be significant ablation, alas this wasn't the case. Tried to stick to areas that I knew were more or less clear of snow and ice, not entirely successful in that. Had to use Track Road to get back and ended up walking a good chunk of it, not feeling like slipping and pulling something again like 5 years ago. By the time I got through that stretch the right leg felt like a torqued up piece of garbage which put a damper on things. Did a lot of rolling and compressions on the hamstring and calf afterward. Difficult to overstate how tired I've been feeling in the afternoons since I started doing the treadmill runs in the morning.

No comments: