1/16/14

Tue 1/14 - PM 45 minutes incl. 300,800

Lo and behold, I've dug myself a hole. Unable to complete what was a fairly inadvisable workout to begin with, 300-800-800-400-300 all theoretically at mile pace or faster. With not that much recovery either. I was more concerned about the stubbornly stuck right calf going in, and while it was stiff at first warming up eventually it felt loose enough to do something of quality. However even during the drills I  noticed I was dragging a bit, but wasn't expecting the palpable feeling of fatigue that set in after the first rep done in a pedestrian 56 seconds or so. Head throbbing, labored breathing sort of fatigue. It became clear halfway through the first 800 that I wouldn't be finishing the workout and subsequently lost interest. The effort required to churn out those 36-38 second laps was far far too much. I can only hope the overbaked feeling is from overextending myself in terms of lack of sleep, as the training load hasn't been overwhelming of late. Remains to be seen how much can be pulled back before Sunday's race. Ugh.

No comments: