12/26/13

Wed 12/25 - double, 85 minutes total

AM - 30 minutes easy. Took longer than I would have liked to get out the door, making this the shorter of the two runs today. I had planned on things being the other way around so as to maximize time spent in the daylight. Took the briefest of detours into the very outskirts of Area 51 (Maynard TF) incl. the path up and over the bluff overlooking Crowe Park. Predictably awful footing and snowpack conditions with the rain followed by subfreezing temps. Makes for cement-hard snowpack that eventually gives at pushoff. Perfect for snowshoe running I'm guessing.

PM - 55 minutes, Tiger Drive to Longfellow loop. Started to press the pace a bit after the first 15 minutes, mainly because I could. Right leg feeling fine, for a while at least. Realized around 40 minutes or so that I was ever so gently aggravating it, slowed down somewhat after that. Still moving relatively well for much of the run. No more frozen fingers despite the cold temps thanks to hand warmers, but the toes on my right foot got quite cold by the end. From inadequately insulated shoes I suppose.

No comments: