12/27/13

Thu 12/26 - AM 75 minutes incl. 6x1200, 4x100

Harvard. Indoor track not yet open so this was done outside. Despite the chilly temps and snow shower that lasted for the middle three reps I preferred to do this on the outdoor oval given the number of laps involved. Glorified tempo run with 200m jogs between each rep. Locked in right away to the modest pace that I maintained throughout, as the first five reps were all within a half second of each other clustered around 4:23. Last rep in 4:21 thanks entirely to a rousing final 100 meters. Worried that I might be overextending myself around the 4th rep but those worries were unfounded. More spread in the recovery intervals than in the actual reps, still less than two seconds spread clustered around a minute apiece. This was fairly tiring despite the unimpressive pace, or more like I'm still not fit at all. Also feeling a bit the effort from last night's run. After jogging three laps very slowly, tried to get a little turnover in running the straightaway with the wind at my back followed by 300m jog recovery. The first one was nothing but awkward as the right hammie had begun to stiffen up after all the laps I had just done at threshold pace. The rest of them were smoother at least. I knew better than to time any of them.

No comments: