9/23/13

Sun 9/22 - PM 45 minutes incl. 5k road race

Another day, another mediocre (at best) 5k. The bulk of the day's exercise actually happened in the morning, with a bike ride from Alewife to Maynard via the Minuteman bikeway after a night spent in the city. Including a stop for lunch this chewed up just under 2 hours. Barely any time to relax upon returning home, headed off to Littleton. Warmup scant at best, legs not as rubbery as expected but not running fresh to be sure. Surprisingly, Sean Duncan wasn't there and as I looked around at the start I realized I might be able to vulture a win. Then 30 seconds into the race I turn around and Ben Ndaya is staring at me. Where he came from who knows, possible he missed the start entirely as it's happened before. I knew I didn't have the juice in my compromised state to hang with him and ran for second the rest of the way. Didn't have to push that much to do it thankfully. Short cooldown before heading home. Windy day with a cold front having passed through, wind I had to ride into during the bike ride as well.

No comments: