4/16/13

Mon 4/15 - double, 85 minutes total

AM - 20 minutes easy, Bear Creek Lake Park. Shakeout on the bike path and main access road. Awoke to the unmistakeable sound of snow falling on my tent. Along with the ever-present wind not fun conditions at all. Would have gone a little longer otherwise but there seemed no point and I wanted nothing more than to eat breakfast and get warm.

PM - 65 minutes, Cheyenne Mountain SP. Despite having stayed here last year, this was the first time on these trails. From the sinuous layout I was expecting lots of steep up and down but it was in fact more of a mellow winding singletrack situation and overall quite enjoyable. Alas, like yesterday afternoon the wind picked up over the course of the afternoon and was hammering away. Before hitting the trail spent a long lunch watching the horrible news from Boston unfold on my computer. One can only feed on tragedy so much, found myself in need of the emotional respite the run provided.

No comments: