3/28/13

Wed 3/27 - PM 65 minutes incl. 4k-3k-2k-1k

Back to the snow-free track for the first time since last fall. The balky right leg had me genuinely concerned about how this would go but I made it through mostly unscathed. Although twinges in the right ankle during the warmup were not at all reassuring, and the hammie felt like it was stiffening up about 2/3 through the first, longest rep. Did a few stretches of the right hammie between each rep which seemed to help. Unlike most of the threshold-ish track sessions in the fall I had a definite wind to contend with most of the time which of course was a chore. Between that and the leg, pace was somewhat secondary. Hoping to progress the pace with not much of an idea what numbers that would entail. However I did know I hit the first lap of the 4k far quicker than I would have liked, which put the kibosh on the pace windup for that one. Other than that, the pace did increase from one rep to the next at least. Not that it shouldn't of course given the decreasing length of the reps. Splits:

3:34/3:35.4/3:33.9/3:31.7 (14:15)
4R
3:30.9/3:30.6/3:27 (10:28.5)
3R
3:27.3/3:28 (6:55.3)
2R
3:24.2

I though the last rep would be a little quicker but the turnover is currently not exactly well-developed.

No comments: