3/6/13

Tue 3/5 - 70 minutes very easy

Tiger Drive to Longfellow Loop. Confounding experience and not in a good way. Felt reasonably motivated to head out the door (unlike yesterday). Thinking of at least a longish easy run, maybe even some timed pickups if I felt up to it. Within 10 minutes or so it became clear that energy level was nil. I went slow enough that the exertion level was minimal but it was quite clear that going any quicker would result in immediate exhaustion. Pace tapered off toward the end to where I was barely moving with no knee lift to speak of. I'm used to feeling much more spry the day after an off day, the last two such days have been anything but. On top of this, I could feel stiffness in high right hammie despite the fact that I wasn't going anywhere near quick enough to put any stress on it. Calf very tight all day at work as well. Maybe I've been overdoing it on the compressions but the right leg feels worse than it did 2-4 weeks ago. Perhaps all the running down steep mountain trails left more of a mark than I originally realized. For the near future, looks like nothing but easy jogging.

No comments: