3/23/13

Fri 3/22 - PM 55 minutes incl. 10x40 second pickups

Levittown via Rockland Ave. I had planned on doing some number of short reps as glorified strides, 40 seconds on/60 seconds off. Originally thought I'd get into it after 20 minutes or so of running but realized around the 15 minute mark the cobwebs hadn't nearly cleared yet. In fact they hadn't cleared 15 minutes after that but it was fake it til you make it time. Aside from lingering fatigue related to late bedtimes the past two nights, right leg was in its usual torqued state, making every pickup feel awkward and clumsy. And slow. Obnoxiously, the left hip/TFL locked up after the last rep when I decelerated too sharply. In fact, I was intending to do a couple more before this happened but once I felt the twinge on the left side I knew the fast running was done for the day. More blustery cold conditions, which means despite relatively strong sun the snowpack remains firmly entrenched.

No comments: