2/19/13

Sun 2/17 - AM 3 hours

Out, back, then looped around on the Sutherland and 50 Year trails in Catalina SP. Pokey start, right hammie very bothersome as the trail tilted upward. Almost as bothersome as the cobble-sized rocks strewn absolutely everywhere on the trail as it headed up out of the bajada and into Cargadera canyon. As I was on the trail, I was thinking about whether to do a straight out and back or use the trail link to the 50 yr trail. Eventually reached a point where the trail was only getting steeper and rockier and decided that was my cue to turn back.

 snow at the top of the ridge


The trip back down became a comedy of errors as I got lost and/or misdirected multiple times looking for the godforsaken 50 year trail. Neither it nor the link trail were well marked, at all. Once I did find what I thought was the right trail I passed various people going the other way and asked them if in fact it was; their response was to ask me the same question. At long last with the sun getting near its zenith I reached familiar ground from yesterday's run and hammered the last 20 minutes or so mostly so I could eat lunch quicker. Trip down wasn't as steep as I expected, and at some point the hamstring stopped bothering me as much. No idea what if anything I did to cause this or whether it's a sign of some lasting change for the better. In the evening I was able to get in a reasonably thorough stretching session which was desperately needed.

No comments: