2/3/13

Sat 2/2 - double, 75 minutes total incl. track mile

AM - 25 minutes very easy, pre-breakfast shakeout. Right hammie stiff of course at this hour. Chilly but little wind

PM - 50 minutes incl. mile in 4:39. Happily I didn't embarrass myself but alas it was clear from the warmup that I didn't quite have my A game for my moment in the "big time." Warming up somewhat problematic and abbreviated given the logistics involved, spent more time than I'd like waiting in the herding area at the corner of the track. The race itself unfolded about how I'd hoped it would for the first half, went through the quarter in just under 68 and half in 2:17 or so. I really liked my chances to run a SB time but from there on out the underlying tiredness of the week asserted itself and the pace slowed down to where I got to 3/4 and the bell no faster than the race a week ago, maybe a bit slower even. Meanwhile the rest of the field seemed to sag as well. After spending the first 300m or so in DFL as I fully expected, passed one guy and then three more 800m later. From there on out it was quite clear I wouldn't be advancing any further in the field and it became an exercise in holding off the people chasing. Cooldown happened in stages, a brief jog around the gym soon after the race then another 15 minutes or so easy jog over two hours later after the meet was over.

No comments: