2/26/13

Mon 2/25 - PM 40 minutes easy

Summerhill to Tiger Drive. Planned on reaching the Longfellow loop but it wasn't happening today, turned back and trudged home upon reaching Old Marlboro Rd. Mainly this was due to the left thigh locking up on me, similar to last week's slog along the bike path in Tucson but with more of the hamstring involved. Spent a good deal of time after the run working out the various kinks on the foam roller and doing compressions as well. While not a total surprise, the stiffness did come on suddenly and got a lot worse the slower I got. Said slowdown was a result of the realization that I had no energy after 10 minutes or so. In the back of my mind I was probably expecting to feel as I typically would on the day after an off day but this is not the usual circumstance. It's become clear a recovery period from the vacation is necessary.

No comments: