11/26/12

Sun 11/25 - AM 85 minutes

Lincoln woods. Originally thought I would do a threshold run on the Longfellow Loop, but after the travel this weekend I could tell that wasn't happening. In hindsight I would have had to cut it short. I should have stuck with the flatter gentler trails of Area 51, but wanted to get a little variety and figured my opportunities to run here are diminishing with the onset of winter. Between the leaves and the rolling terrain I was slipping much more than I would have liked which of course led to legs tired before they should have been. I couldn't help noticing that the coaching season has had the effect of recalibrating notions of training volume. This was the average day's length of effort a few months back, now counts as the week's long run. Such as it is. Dismal NW wind blowing stronger as the morning progressed made for a difficult time figuring out what to wear.

No comments: