10/8/12

Sun 10/7 - AM 75 minutes incl. 5k xc race

Another one-meet cross country season at Wayland. Feeling flat and listless from the moment I woke up. The coaching season exhaustion is beginning to get its claws into me and combined with the always extended convalescence from illness, it was hardly a surprise. Warmup was certainly a decent amount, but didn't feel fully awake or ready to go no matter what. The first 1200m of the race felt much more difficult than it should have, before things stabilized somewhat. Spent the last two miles of the race in no-man's land. Thought for a time I was bringing in a group up ahead but that was pure delusion. Course layout different from last year FWIW. I prefer the way it was this year despite the slower time for me. Finished feeling more tired than spent. Right hammie still twinging a bit but the calf held up to the ups and downs of the course as well as I could have hoped. Longish cooldown on the trails of the Greenways. Thankfully, the predicted driving rain didn't materialize, overcast and humid but on the cool side.

No comments: