9/17/12

Sun 9/16 - AM 70 minutes incl. 10k road race

Completed the back half of the weekend double in one piece, but something the worse for wear. Arrived with little time to spare for warmup, not particularly motivated either. Realized on the starting line there was only one person to worry about as far as competition goes. Tried to sit on that person and stay relaxed, but the pace was too fast for me to sustain in the second half of the race. Splits reflect this neatly, first 3 miles just under 16:00, lost contact and gave up the chase in the fourth mile (5:40), and proceeded to pack it in for reals the last two miles (11:40). I wish I could say those last two miles felt like a jog but not so much. This same double treated me better last year, but I think the combination of staying up far too late Thursday and overdoing it yesterday set me up for the fade today. In the end it didn't matter any in terms of loot. Sunny and breezy morning, seemed like the wind was constantly in our faces which is to be expected when the course is on the ocean's edge. Cooldown a very easy 20 minute jog back and forth on the beach, just me and the dozens of dogs swarming the place.

No comments: