3/9/12

Wed 3/7 - AM 1:40

Douglas Springs trail. Back to the scene of the crime, literally, but with a different vehicle and having learned my lesson. Not suprisingly, a park ranger was there sitting in his truck when I arrived at the TH as well. Similar out and back to last year, in fact I probably turned around in about the same spot. Not harboring any delusions of making it to the campground though, so not frustrated this time. About an hour of mostly climbing on the way out, worried I might have cut it too close and hammered the stretch back to the Bridal Wreath falls turnoff. This went much quicker than I expected, in fact the descent as a whole went much faster than I thought. In hindsight the elevation gain was around 2000' or so on the trip out so the discrepancy makes sense. Legs holding up well enough to the up and down. Any afternoon shakeout went by the boards thanks to a combination of a long nap and baleful winds that got worse as the day went along.

No comments: