3/10/12

Fri 3/9 - double, 1:40 total

AM - 75 minutes, Saguaro NP western section. Out and back from the visitor center up the Hugh Norris trail until I had had enough. While the wind yesterday was an annoyance, today it was absolutely hideous and basically ruined my good time. 20-25 mph from the east, still going strong from last night. When I got up higher on the Norris trail it was screaming at more like 35-40 with gusts stronger than that. I had to take off my hat and carry it on the more exposed sections of trail, and there were a couple of moments where I was legitimately concerned about being blown off the path. Combined with the steep, stair-step trail and a gradual grinding ascent on the paved road back to the visitor center the final mile or so, this shit was for the birds. Nice views though.
 what are you looking at?


view to the NNE from the ridgeline

PM - 25 minutes easy plus drills and strides. Easy shakeout at White Tank Mountain park outside Phoenix, after spending the afternoon driving from Tucson. Warmer here but still the damn wind, although it was simmering down finally as I did the run. Some ambivalence about whether I should or not, but it was definitely worthwhile, esp. for the post-run stretching and core which I've neglected the past two days. Definitely in need of it.

No comments: