3/5/12

Sun 3/4 - double, 1:40 total

AM - 80 minutes, Saguaro NP East. Up Douglas Springs, planned on doing a straight out and back initially but got sidetracked onto Carrillo and Three Tank trails. Worked out well enough as I ended up back on Douglas Springs trail just below Bridal Wreath Falls with time enough to pay a leisurely visit. What didn't go so well was returning to the trailhead to find my car had been broken into and my wallet (among other things) stolen. Stupid of me to leave anything out where it could be seen. I thought I put the wallet in the trunk, but no. Made for a stressful morning and puts a kink in the vacation but could have been worse. Temps near-freezing at the start of the run with the sun still behind the mountains, once it got over the hump the temp zoomed right up of course.

PM - 20 minutes plus drills and strides. Return to Santa Rita Park, the near-perfect grass I remembered from last year's visit is but a memory. What's there now is what you would expect to see from attempting to grow grass in a place like Tucson, i.e. a desiccated trampled worn-out threadbare track, with patches of the greener stuff trying to to make it. Did the drills barefoot anyway, a bit rough on the soles. Left psoas (more than adductor as I've been identifying it of late) remains tweaked but doesn't feel like it will be a major impediment.

No comments: